College Dorm party rooms are typically small spaces that is crowded with roommates with worn socks lying on the floor and cold pizzas that is rotting away. It’s what you see on television but that’s true but it’s not necessarilytrue. Dorms are a place for friendship to grow. Students often form lifelong friendships with their roommates as well as other students who they share their dorms with. Dorms are also great places for parties because what is a better option to spend a night in a dorm room after an exam has ended?
If you’re throwing your first or nth party The goal should be the same. The event should leave an impression on your guests , and everyone should have fun. Here are some helpful tips to help you reach these objectives.
Do You Have the Ability to Throw an a-Dorm Party?
It’s the first step. Do you have the ability to throw a college dorm party without being snubbed from the resident advisers (RAs)? It is dependent. Certain dormitories permit events, while some do not. Find out the rules by reading the house rules or talking to your RAs. Be sure to find out the lawful requirements before you start planning the event. You don’t want all your hard work to go to waste. And even worse, having your party closed 10 minutes into the celebration.
After you’ve confirmed that the event isn’t in violation of any laws, it’s time to ask your roommates’ permission. The idea of throwing a party without consulting your roommates is a huge mistake. What happens if they have significant assignments due in the next day, or their parents are scheduled to visit? In the same way, you might consider contacting your neighbors as well. The schedules of every class are different so what is most effective for you may not work in the best for everyone other.
The Dorm The Party Planning Committee Get Your People
It is much simpler to plan and host the perfect party when there are two or more guests. You can do it on your own however this means that you’ll have to handle all the tasks on your own. It can also get exhausting: cleaning up before and after the party, buying food and beverages (who’s paying for it anyway? ), and deciding on the theme, music, decor, etc.
Dorm Party Theme A. The Soul of the Party
Pick the theme. For example, Halloween is a time when everyone dresses as their favorite character, choosing the right theme can make an event stand out. The theme could be whatever you want it to be. You could celebrate college sports or your roommate’s birthday or even the midterm’s end. The theme could revolve around particular fashions. For example, you could invite guests to put on pajamas, jersey outfits or even swimsuits. The art of throwing a memorable party is about looking outside the box. The main thing is that the theme should help make the event more enjoyable and not a chore.
Here are some themes to help you brainstorm ideas.
- 51 Theme Party Ideas sourced from Actual Party Planners from StyleCaster. A few of the ideas listed are complicated enough for a basic dorm-themed party However, they are fun to browse through and you’ll definitely feel inspired after reading through this list.
- 30 Instagram-worthy Party Ideas from EventBrite. This article doesn’t include pictures on it , but the ideas are extremely imaginative. They’ll definitely look amazing on Instagram when you make them work.
- 20 Great College Party themes by Seventeen. I believe you stand the most chance of achieving these themes. They’re entertaining, innovative and also more doable. Check out these ideas to get some ideas.
Dorm Party Guest List and Invitations How to Invite Who, What to Invite
It’s not one if no one attends (on thinking about it, perhaps a party with just one person is a fantastic idea). However, you’ll need to invite guests. Begin by estimating how many guests you could realistically accommodate in the space. It’s not ideal for the event to get crowded. If you’re planning the number of guests, ensure there’s enough enough room for your guests to move about.
As the host of the event It’s your decision whom you invite. Here are some suggestions for friends, classmates roommates, dorm residents and residents advisors. The theme of the party it could be an equal mix of males and girls. If it’s a girls night, then obviously there will be no male guests. The event could take the form of a large event that fills the entire room or a smaller, more intimate event that lets your guests to become acquainted with each other.
Invite your neighbors and your resident advisors. The neighbors will be less inclined to complain about noise in the event that they’re invited to the party. The invitation also serves as the idea that guests will be coming to the party.
- Party Invitation Templates created by Greetings Island. These are templates for free which you can personalize and print. You can also share them electronically.
- Customizable Invitation Templates for Party Invites from Canva. Free templates for all sorts of celebrations: birthday graduation, graduation, or even a baby showers. There are many options to choose from, so you’ll need to look through them to determine what is most suitable for you, then modify it to suit your needs.