In recent years, almost 3.4 billion people have taken the IELTS exam. Do you know why the majority of candidates choose to appear for the IELTS exam? It is because the IELTS exam is accepted all across the world by a number of organizations, institutions and multinational companies. Well, the other reason is that the IELTS exam serves a plethora of benefits to international students. They are benefited with the higher education opportunities abroad. The IELTS exam offers migration opportunities to candidates who don’t want to study but just want to migrate to an English-speaking country.
The ample advantages of taking the IELTS exam will convince you to appear for the IELTS exam. Well, the truth is, it will be the trickiest and the most complicated exam if you don’t prepare perfectly for it. So, you need to follow some great learning techniques to enhance your skills in order to perform exceptionally best in the IELTS exam. Even though these tips will help you magnify your English language abilities, if you still want to take expert advice for your satisfaction, you can approach the best IELTS institute in Jalandhar.
Here is the best way to improve your skills and ace your IELTS exam preparation:
IELTS reading tips
IELTS academic reading generally focuses on topics based on science and technology. While IELTS general reading focuses on topics based on history, social sciences and everyday scenarios of the globe. Here are some great tips to improve your reading skills and scores as well:
- Know about the test structure and the type of questions you need to solve.
- Start reading English newspapers, magazines, articles and novels to broaden your vocab and sharpen your reading skills. Moreover, it is also beneficial for improving your reading speed.
- Download the IELTS reading sources such as sample papers and past years’ question papers on the web and start practicing mock tests.
- Focus more on grammar basics as it will help you comprehend the passage easily.
- Understanding the question is more important than understanding the whole passage.
- Seek help from a trainer for proper assistance in order to improve your flaws. For better preparation and proper guidance, you can associate with the best IELTS institute.
IELTS listening tips
IELTS listening is same for both academic and general training candidates comprising 40 questions and divided into 4 parts. Here are some incredible tips to ace the listening section of the IELTS exam:
- Listen to English audio scripts, podcasts and monologues everyday to intensify your listening skills.
- Analyze your shortcomings and work vigorously to improve them.
- Watch English movies without turning on captions to understand everything and make the listening process easier for you.
- Take up listening mock tests and solve them under time conditions.
- Be conscious to avoid confusion. It will help you mark correct answers so that you can score well in the IELTS listening test.
- Don’t write too quickly as you can fall into traps. Make notes of whatever you are listening to and after comprehending the audio, write the correct one.
IELTS speaking tips
Whether you are going to appear for an academic or general training test, the IELTS speaking test will be the same. It usually lasts for 11-14 minutes comprising three parts including a personal introduction part, cue card round and general discussion part. Yes, it is strenuous for a non-native English speaker to talk in English for 15 minutes in front of a native English speaker. Don’t worry! Here are tips that can help you perform confidently in the IELTS speaking:
- Find a companion that is proficient in English and converse with him/her.
- Enhance your grammar and use a wide range of vocabulary to score well in this section.
- Make a habit of thinking in English to save time and respond quickly.
- Don’t use fillers while speaking as it can lower your scores.
- Don’t memorize answers. If the examiner gets to know that you have crammed the answers, he/she will deduct your scores.
- Don’t worry about your accent, just focus on your pronunciation.
- Involve yourself in group discussions, debates and public speeches to improve your speaking skills and confidence.
- Make sure to extend your answers, don’t just respond with ‘yes’ or ‘no’.
- Speak at a natural pace in your tone. Don’t mimic anyone.
- Although the speaking test is just for 11-14 minutes, it doesn’t mean that you will spend less time preparing for it. Give an equal amount of time and put equal effort into its preparation.
- Whenever you find doubts in pronunciation or vocabulary, you can seek help from the best IELTS institute.
IELTS writing tips
The IELTS writing test is for 60 minutes including two tasks. The first task is different for both academic and general training test-takers. However, task two is the same for both in which all the candidates have to write an essay on the given topic. Here are some amazing tips that can help you score a desirable band score in the IELTS writing:
- Throughout your preparation period, pick a random topic and start writing to enhance your writing skills rapidly.
- Use an extensive range of vocabulary to avoid repetition.
- Seek help from your friend who is proficient in English and ask him/her to review your writing.
- Make sure to work on your grammar first because it is the foundation of the language.
- Keep a close check on the word limit as well as the time limit.
- Read good quality content to get an idea of the writing style. It will surely have a good impact on your writing skills.
- Spell each word correctly because spelling mistakes can lower your scores even if you have used correct grammar and a wide range of vocabulary.
- Concentrate on the sentence framing and whenever you find any doubts, you can approach the best IELTS institute in Ludhiana.
To wrap up, it is imperative to improve the skills required to ace each section of the IELTS exam. So, devote a reasonable time to your preparation and follow the above-mentioned tips sincerely to upgrade your IELTS band scores.