Accidentally dropped your phone in the pool? Got stuck in a rainstorm with your phone exposed to rain? Lost your phone to the mischief of a toddler trying to toss it in a drink? Worry not, because we have got your back. Many Carolina phone and iPad repair centers offer prompt services in terms of water damage and other problems such as broken screens, poor battery life, slow charging and battery drainage, etc.
Most of the recent cell phones launched by the leading companies have a waterproof system but are not always wholly resistant to water, and there is a tendency for hardware damage. Even if you get rid of the moisture in the phone by drying it out at home, either placing it in the sun or doing other home remedies, there will still be some damage that can be permanent. Therefore, it is essential to refer to the best phone repair in North Carolina so that the original function of the phone can be restored.
Trust Carolina Phone and IPad Repair for Water Damage
It is wise to seek help from a professional phone repair company rather than taking the matter into your own hands because they have a well-established team of experienced individuals that spend the whole day fixing phones. Then why waste time and risk your phone when excellent services are available at your doorstep, or you can get it from the comfort of your home. Getting a quote at a reputed and well-qualified company like Quack Quack Phone Repair is not a problem when you have any gadget and an internet connection. You have to search for a computer repair specialist or best cell phone repair near me and go to their website and get an online quote. You can also check their other services and what people say about them through their website.
Can you Fix a Water Damaged Phone Without Carolina Phone and IPad Repair?
If the extent of the damage is visibly limited, you can give first aid to your phone right on the spot. Here are a few things that you can do yourself;
- Immediately remove the phone from the wet source. The more water enters the phone, the harder it gets to get rid of it. Also, if it sits in the water long enough, the water may seep through the hardware and damage the internal components beyond repair.
- If the phone is still powered on, immediately turn it off. You can prevent the electric charge from damaging the wet circuit. So could you turn it off as soon as you can?
- If the phone does not switch on, don’t try to put it in charge. And never do it without any safety precautions.
- If the phone is enclosed in a case, remove it to allow all the water to escape. You can also use a clean cloth to dry it off. Try to reach the corners and slits, including the headphone jack, sim slot, camera lens, and charging port.
- Take an airtight bag and put your phone and a paper towel to absorb all the moisture. The sealed bag will allow it to air out completely. If the battery is removed, carefully remove it.
Things to Avoid
- You must have heard of putting your water-damaged phone in a bag or jar of uncooked rice grains. It does not help and causes more damage to your device.
- Don’t try to dedicate the phone to your home and instead look for an iPhone repair in Carolina. Drying your phone in an oven, with a blow dryer, or using any heat is unsafe for you and the device.
- Don’t try to turn on the phone repeatedly and keep it shut down for at least 24 hours. Try to avoid pressing any buttons as it can push water further down.
Once your phone touches water, it is difficult for the owner to believe it will work again. But fortunately, the damage is reversible, and the best phone repairers can save money by fixing your phone immediately. This way, you don’t have to spend hundreds on a new phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can water cause permanent damage to the phone?
If the water reaches the operating components, it can cause reversible damage. Therefore, you must turn off the device and interrupt the electrical circuit. An active circuit can cause significant loss in this situation.
How long does it take for water damage to affect a phone?
The water damage can even take days, months, or weeks to start affecting the operation of your phone. It can cause rusting and slowly eat up the internal components of your device.
How long will my phone take to dry out?
It is best to leave the device for at least 24-48 hours until the moisture completely dries. There is no need to use any heating device to speed up the drying process. If it still does not turn on, take it to a Carolina phone and iPad repair after waiting.
Leave a Reply