Are you looking for the most effective indoor activities for your child from Busy Toddler? Here they include…
Why do I like the activities I do so many times?
Activities in daycare near me, the indoors are a great tool. They’re a means for me to keep the day going to stop my children away from an endless series of 47 “but why” …?” inquiries, and give me the chance to empty the dishwasher or press the reset button in case the situation isn’t working out as planned.
There aren’t any requirements to help you manage your life at home. However, they can be a useful tool to use when you need these. This is the best of the best indoor activities available from Busy Toddler.
How can you create great indoor activities for preschoolers and toddlers?
I have combed my site starting from the top to discover the activities that match the following criteria:
- Easy setup
- Supplies are minimal and not required
- Attention span is not as long.
I’m trying to find indoor activities that will aid.
When your kid is experiencing difficulty finding time to play,… A game can help kick-start this.
If your child is fighting with their sibling, …. An activity could help them reset.
If you’re looking for a few minutes to prepare your dinner… An activity could help.
If your TV is on for longer than you’d prefer… An activity can bring back the joy to the forefront of yours.
The top 40 outdoor activities offered by Busy Toddler can help you enjoy your kids and get through the day.
Check out my list of supplies for my top items for activities.
For these types of activities, The most commonly used are:
Busy Toddler participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which is an associate advertising scheme. Being an Amazon Associate, I earn from eligible purchases. Please find out more information about these hyperlinks on my disclosure policy.
- Storage containers (mine is a 28-qt Sterilite Bin from Target)
- 5 lbs of rice that is dry (this can be saved for years of reuse)
- Dot stickers
- Large black marker
- Post-it Notes
- Painter’s wall-safe tape
- Paint washable tempera
- Butcher white paper
What is the age these activities easy to do?
It’s up to you; your judgment is the only reliable indicator of your child’s abilities and interests. Consider “skills needed” rather than your child’s age when thinking about the activity since all children learn differently.
This list has been broken down into three categories: arts and crafts and easy/quick activities.
Enjoy these fun exercises – I hope that they will aid!
- Rice Bin– Simple rice sensory bin
- funnels and rainbow rice – Have fun playing with funnels and rice
- Inside Pouring Station Design an indoor drinking station
- Dinosaur Toy Bath – Take a bath with the dinosaur toys during bath time
- Oobleck Parties Have you created Oobleck? It’s an absolute must!
- bubble foam trucks Have fun with bubble foam – just three components you’ve got!
- Ice Bin Scoop and Transfer Scooping and moving the ice can be fun.
- Puzzle Sorting Station Mix up puzzles to make a simple sorting and sensory bin
- Toy Washing Station – Clean the plastic toys for an activity
- LEGO Duplo Bath – Set your DUPLOS into the bathtub!
- Paw Patrol Search & Rescue –Rescue the dogs from water (or any other toy you like)
- Pom Pom Soup – Pom pom balls can get wet!
- Rice Bin Scoop & Transfer A Rice scooping station is so serene
- Color Bath Make a bath with a theme for children
- The Making of Potions Let your kids be creative and create potions
- Baking StationA oatmeal sensory bin for imagination play
- Paint Process for Body You can trace your child’s body and let them draw their “body.”
- Coloring Dinosaurs Paint dinosaurs or other toys made of plastic
- Decorate Extremely Boxes What can you do to bring box decoration to the next level
- paint on the Trash There is nothing better than painting garbage!
- Creation Station – Design and create using recycled materials
- Paint Ice Cubes – Making ice cubes is cool and enjoyable
- Form Art Activities Paint shapes that overlap on a large-scale
- Bath Tub Artist Paint with toddlers inside the bathtub
- Rainbow Dot Sticker Art Make a rainbow-themed sorting activity
- Pointillism Art Activity is an extremely delicate method of painting.
- Tape Resist ActivityI’m sure the picture is outdoors. However, this would be perfect indoors.
- Large Coloring PagesI set this up in time for Christmas, but it’s certainly fun all year round.
Quick & Easy Activities
- Post-it Match Match family’s names with sticky notes
- Animal Parade Create a video of the parade with tape
- Box Road – Create a city using a box. a unique city
- number line sorting Sort the number line using sticky notes
- Line-Up Sticker Use dots stickers to trace lines
- Hidden Colors Science – A great twist on baking soda and vinegar
- Pom Ramp or Pom Drop – Recycle the toilet paper tubes and create ramps!
- ABC Post-it Match – Match the ABCs with sticky notes
- The Shape Sorting Sort real objects by shape
- card slot drop – A fun activity for toddlers
- Animal Tape Rescue stuck by tape
- Alphabet Find Race Children play around the house trying to find their ABCs
- Locate the Form The Shape – A shape and colouring activity
- Match and glue matching pom-poms to the colours and then glueing them
- erase all the alphabet. Erase letters written with dry-erase markers
- A DIY ball ramp Make an easy ball ramp using the contents of a box